Wednesday, March 11, 2015

I've Been to the Year 2000...

Hello everyone, my name is Florence!
(Yes, as in Florence + the Machine)

I'm here to talk about my life and all its ups and downs in a place where I feel I can be myself and not have to worry about people casting their negativity down on my poor, unfortunate soul... just kidding.
But really, this is going to be my safe zone.

So, as you're all probably wondering about why I've named the title what it is, let's just say, me and my girls had a throwback Tuesday.

I'm involved in this one play about Grecian women who take over Congress (pretty badass in my opinion). Usually, on our way to practice my two best friends and I jam out to Broadway/Musical stuff. Yes, we're those kinds of nerds.

Slight introduction here:

Taylor - she's a major theater nerd, lives her life through plays and musicals and broadways, and has a very adorable sense of style. She's been a very good friend of mine for a long time and we love to share our writings with one another. She can also be quite sassy and doesn't take crap from hardly anyone! She has a beautiful, almost Anna Kendrick type voice, and I love her to pieces.

Fergie - this girl gets DOWN. She's loads of fun and is as self-confident as she is loyal. Not only does she NEVER take crap from any one person, but she's got some acting talent and a great sense of humor. She's also not afraid to have some road-rage moments, which has rubbed off on Taylor and just added fuel to my own fires... hahaha!

Anyway, this time on our way to practice, we jammed out to music from the early 2000's. Needless to say, it was hella awesome and I took many endless snapchats of our ridiculousness. We're talkin' OLD stuff for people like me who were born in the early 90's and had classic pop songs and clubbin' songs when we were Jr. High Schoolers! It was so fun and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else but with my girls and just singing at the top of our lungs, not too many cares except for a good time.

This is also why I've decided that, to keep personal lives a bit more private, I've given us all aliases after musicians (mostly pop artists because that's the mood we were in and, trust me, the ones I've picked totally fit).

Moving onto play practice now. We pull in, no one suspects a thing and then.... BAM! In we walk, in all our glory, slow walkin' and flipping our smooth silky hair out of our faces... looking like goddesses...

Nah, I'm just kidding! Usually we pull in and run inside because it's freezing outside and if we don't hurry, our boobs might freeze off. No one wants that. And, we tend to have our hair in ponytails, braids, or buns by now because, who has time to look nice? One, maybe two of us sometimes do, but not always...

Anyway! So, we make ourselves comfortable and in comes Mr. Funny Diva himself: Joe. Now, I'm talking Joe Jonas because not only is he cute, but he KNOWS he's cute, which makes him dangerous. I can't say I'm entirely actually attracted to him though, I have my own man. But the other girls... I dunno, I just don't think they can help themselves. Especially Fergie; I tend to see her sharpening her little steak knife in the corner.
(Ok, that sounded bad, but it's just an inside joke, really!)
Also, this guy is hilarious. He does great in comical theater and it makes it hard for us to keep a straight face most times! I cat say how many snapchats I've taken of this guy just making a fool of himself! It's the greatest!

Now Joe makes his way over and starts Hella flirting with Fergie. She's all giggles and smiles while me and Taylor look on in slight worry. We know that Joe tends to be a major flirt and then says he isn't and continues his girl hopping. I'm not entirely involved because, again, I'm taken, but he definitely flirts with Taylor. I don't know what it is about us 3 that he finds so fascinating but, apparently we're gorgeous or something! Oh wait... just kidding. (Not really, we're actually smokin' hot)
Joe is sweet and all, but he honestly reminds me of too many past boys I've had to deal with. And really, who doesn't like a funny guy?

Hahaha but really, I'm not sure where I'm going with this. Consider it an introduction to what the rest of this blog will be about. I have to get going or I'll be late to work, but hang in there! I'll be posting again tomorrow with new stories and new people to introduce to you!

With Love,
Florence🌻

No comments:

Post a Comment