Monday, April 13, 2015

Train-Stop Karaoke!

Have you guys ever had a song hit you so hard with nostalgia and soul and memories and shit that you just GO FOR IT? And I mean really go for it when you start singing?

Yea, that is EXACTLY what happened last week.

So there we were, me, Fergie, and Tay, driving home from practice. One again (this seems to have become quite normal for us now) we are having throwback jam sessions. Our Pandora station has been 2000s Hip Hop for about 3 weeks now. Do we have shame? Absolutely... not. In fact, it's our new favorite. Which, apparently, is a problem or even scary to some folk.

We pull up to this train stop and had to wait for about 10 minutes there. We are seriously singing and dancing out the car windows to, wait for it.....
Bye Bye Bye. An NSYNC* classic.

Y'all know it's goin' down.

Sure enough, we're getting it on with our skills and a van pulls up next to us. Keep in mind, we ALL have our windows down and we are ALL singing at the top of our lungs while dancing (which probably looked more like we were trying to shake bugs off our arms, legs, and hair, but who the heck cares!?).

We don't think too much of it at first as that one song ends. We know the van is there, we just don't really mind. Then, that one song comes on. No one can resist this song, at least for the first verse and chorus.
A Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton.

Oh yea baby!

So that's when we notice the hipster Jesus guy. Who is now hanging out the window of the van next to us with a look that can only be described as fear with a dash of possibly awe. Naturally, we all start cracking up, but we keep Jammin because, come on, it's THE SONG.

I kid you freakin' not, I swear I saw a camera flash. It was the most hilarious 10 minutes of my life at that train stop.

All I could say after we rolled our windows back up, crossed the tracks, and continued our drive home was, "Can you guys just imagine the story he's going to tell his friends and family?".

Anyway, what I want to say is, aside from this being absolutely hilarious (no, it seriously was, oh my god), is this:

Don't let fear of being judged stop you from doing something you love. I love my girls Tay and Fergie, and I love my road trips with them, especially when we're all singing our hearts and throats out like we were. I wasn't afraid of what the guy next to us thought because I was so in the moment. That's what life should be. It's hard not to worry, not to think "well shit, what am I even doing with my life" because EVERYONE has had those thoughts! But when you take life by moments like these, the kind that make you life, it makes it ok. Take baby steps, do what you love, and let your roads unfold. Be the one who freaks out hipster Jesus at a train-stop, make others around you question who you are and how you could be so fearless because you're just so in that moment.

Love you all, sorry that was so cheesy and inspirational and junk, but I hope you guys liked it!
Write again tomorrow!

With Love,
Florence 🌻

--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--

Hello everyone!

It has been ages and ages and I'm so sorry! As you can tell by the title, it has been a crazy week; in fact, a crazy couple of weeks. Literally. Our play is next weekend, I am freaking out, ohmygod.

I kept telling myself I would write another post, but I just didn't get around to it! For now, how about I just post this tiny little apology and hope that you guys will still read my posts!

Love you all!
- F

No comments:

Post a Comment